Registration for the Thunderhawks 2021 cross country season will open to the general public on Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 8:00AM. The Thunderhawks are a youth USATF and AAU running club for boys and girls ages 7 to 17. The Thunderhawks cross country season will begin on Thursday, August 19 and end on Thursday, December 2, 2021.
Practices are held Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:30PM to 6:00PM. Practices are generally held at Lagoon Valley Park, and on occasion at Centennial Park and Al Patch Track in Vacaville. Optional competitive meets are generally held on Saturdays throughout Northern California and the team will participate in several Saturday running events as well during the season. Practices will be moved from 4:00PM to 5:30PM on Monday, November 8th and through the remainder of the season to account for the end of Daylight Savings Time.
Running is a physically demanding sport; thus, please be sure that your children are willing and are physically capable of being able to run prior to registering them with the team. New athletes to the team should expect running three (3) to five (5) miles at practice.
The cost is $175.00 for each athlete, with a 10% discount for each sibling. Additionally, there is a one-time per season per family registration fee of $20.00.
We have some great optional events planned for the Thunderhawks this season, including: Lagoon Valley Classic (9/4), a family running event on 9/18, Brazen Goonies 5K/10K (10/9), Turkey Trot (11/25) and nine (9) USATF cross country meets throughout the season from as far north as Cottonwood and as far south as Santa Cruz. Please visit our team calendar to view the entire schedule.
To register, please do the following:
1. Complete the Solano Thunderhawks on-line registration form. If you are completing the form for more than one family member, please be sure to click “Add Athlete” prior to moving to the checkout. A $20.00 registration fee will be assessed at the conclusion of your registration session. Please contact Dan Swartz at 415-706-8423 should you have any issues during this process.
2. Complete the City of Vacaville Park and Recreation Department on-line registration form. In the search box, type “22688” and hit “enter”. Click on “Thunderhawks” and proceed with the registration process. A $175.00 registration fee will be assessed at the conclusion of your registration session for each athlete (10% discount will be applied for each sibling). Please contact Jennifer Baker at the City of Vacaville (Jennifer.Baker@cityofvacaville.com) should you have any issues during this process.
Space is limited and offered on a first come first serve basis.
Questions about the cross country season? Please visit the following:
· Cross Country Season Information: https://www.solanothunderhawks.com/crosscountry
· Welcome to the Team: https://www.solanothunderhawks.com/welcome
· Shoe Shopping Advice: https://www.solanothunderhawks.com/news_article/show/1147010
Lastly, please be sure to prepare your children for practice:
1. They must have hydration at practice, which must be at minimum 16 fluid ounces of water. Some athletes will bring both a water bottle and another bottle for electrolytes.
2. They must be dressed for running – moisture wicking athletic shirt and shorts.
3. They must have running shoes and no cotton socks (“cotton is rotten”). Features! is a popular sock brand with the kids, or any socks of merino wool or polyester blends work well.
Have any questions we didn’t address – feel free to call or text:
Coach Dan – 415-706-8423
Coach Carolina – 415-298-0409
Or send an e-mail to: email@example.com
We look forward having you as part of our Thunderhawk family!